I grew up and lived in Atlanta, GA for 28 years until in April of 2011 my fiance Rhonda and I picked up, drove cross-country, and moved to Seattle. We like it in Seattle. (We liked Atlanta too…)
I currently work for InterContinental Hotels Group as Applications Architect on their e-commerce channel (earning $3 billion a year in revenue). Prior to that I worked on their business-to-business and call-center channels. My professional experience has centered around Java, but I’m a generalist, having used ASP, PHP, Ruby, Python, and Groovy.
Outside of work I dabble in whatever latest technology has caught my attention. I brew my own beer, try to drink every unique brewery/style/beer I can get my hands on, pretend I know what I’m doing with my DSLR, play with my dogs, and generally always have music playing in the background.
Some other things to know about me:
- Married to Rhonda Griffin
- I like all kinds of music, especially “hillbilly music” as Rhonda calls it
- My latest, favorite song is Some Nights by Fun (as of Jun 2012)
- I am really good at finding software bugs and even better at fixing them
- I love to travel
- I have a knack for ordering beers that bars have run out of
- I have
2 dogs: Violet and Blue
- I like testing theories, but also trust my gut
- I love zombie, dystopian, post-apocalyptic stories
- I am quick to notice bad usability/user experience